Torrential rain, Plainfield Ave. flooded | News
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) - Torrential rain is leading to flash flooding in Kent County.
Kent County Dispatch says the south side of the intersection of Plainfield and Four Mile is flooded. 3 cars were moving through the intersection when the water started to rise. One driver was unable to make it through and had water up to the windows of her car. She managed to get out and run over to the nearby Big Lot store.
Dispatchers say this is a particularly low or poorly drained area that often experiences flash flooding.
WZZM 13 News will have more later today on WZZM 13 News at 530 and 6pm.
Top Plainfield Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cath & Steph Celebrate Beer City USA With Perrin Brewing
- When classes end the renovations begin at Comstock Park Schools
- American Cancer Society celebrates strength of survivors
- Comstock Park will "Paint the Town Purple" for the Month of May!
- Dining to donate: Enjoy a meal that's filling and fulfilling!