Belmont plant shutting down, 180 jobs lost | News
PLAINFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WZZM) -- Around 180 people will lose their jobs later this year when a West Michigan factory shuts down.
Kimberly-Clark says Jackson Safety, a facility it owns off West River Drive in Belmont, will close in June.
The plant, also known as Belmont Mill, makes work-zone safety products like safety flags, barricades and barrels. The company says it recently made a strategic decision to exit from the Work Zone business and, as a result, ongoing operations of the site are no longer feasible.
Qualified employees will be offered severance packages.
The company has been in operation since 1927. Kimberly-Clark has owned the facility since 2009.
Upcoming Events near Plainfield - Northview
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Help families with 'Simply Give' program through Sept. 27
- Rockford wins season opener
- From foreclosure to finished: Sable Homes set to complete neighborhood nearly a decade in the making
- My Town Rockford: Gas leak leads to driving detours
- My Town: Storms likely to blame for hundreds of power outages